вторник, 14 януари 2014 г.

Create Automotive Sales Graph with Reportivo.com

Introduction

In this article, we tackle a common real life scenario – creating a graph showing sales volume trends in five consecutive years. This example uses real life data from the automotive industry and shows the quick steps to create an interactive chart with five data series.  Such graphs are commonly used for business presentations, to display key performance indicators for a given business process and time span. Key to any such presentation is the good visualization of the data, as well as the polished appearance.  To achieve the task I am using data from Excel spreadsheet and the functionality of the free online service Reportivo.com which provides all of the required functionality. 

When I open the report generation page, I upload my data through the Upload a file button data. The displayed table represents all the data in the file, which I selected for upload.


Once the data file is uploaded I select the data series that need to be included in the graph and also select Chart Type and enter name for each of the data series being added- This will affect the chart legend and the text in the tooltip for each point


After adding some graphs to my chart I proceed with setting the X-Axis option, which specifies the labels that should appear on the X-axis.
 



I enable the horizontal zooming option which will emphasize the detailed analysis of the displayed sales trends. Also I will enable the printing and exporting option and will apply the settings.




In the Labels tab I enter Values for Chart Title and Subtitle and enter Label Values for the X and Y-axis.


 
Finally I select the Dark theme for my Chart and publish it. Every report or graph or table view that you publish in Reportivo.com gets its own static URL and embeds code. Reportivo.com can be used to create powerful graphs that can then be shared through popular social networks or embedded in Web sites for real-time data collection or display.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар